The preservation and protection of cultural and natural World Heritage sites are at the forefront of ARC-WH’s mandate and mission. To ensure that all efforts towards the safeguarding of the region’s heritage are undertaken, ARC-WH provides a number of programmes and services that facilitate conservation efforts and knowledge.
Programmes & Activities
Tentative Lists and nominations
- Improve how properties are identified, selected and proposed for inscription on the World Heritage List to ensure that this List is credible and representative of the Arab region’s heritage.
Legal and institutional frameworks
- Strengthen policy, legal and institutional frameworks for effective protection and management of heritage resources.
Governance and management
- Promote good governance and inspire action to manage World Heritage properties effectively.
Conservation and development
- Lead the regional debate on how to respond to conservation and development challenges in and around World Heritage properties.
Conflict and political instability
- Catalyse support for safeguarding properties on the World Heritage List in Danger and enhance the capacity of Member States in emergency preparedness and disaster risk reduction.
Information and knowledge
- Enhance access to the information and knowledge that professionals, institutions and decision-makers need to protect World Heritage better
Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
Providing technical assistance to Arab States Parties is a vital component of the work carried out by ARC-WH. To ensure that ARC-WH provides Arab States Parties with the necessary resources, knowledge and skills for the preservation and management of cultural and natural World Heritage Sites, we offer a form for requests, project proposals, and assistance.
Please complete the form provided. Upon completion, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly fill the PDF on a PC to ensure full functionality of the Technical Assistance form
Raising Awareness and Education
To increase awareness and educate the public about cultural and natural World Heritage, ARC-WH will be implementing an internship programme that educates and engages young adults. ARC-WH aims at creating integral links with local universities and undergraduate students studying architecture, archaeology and environmental sciences.
Students chosen for the internship programme will have the opportunity to work with ARC-WH, acquire extensive knowledge and practical skills in the protection and management of sites.
Support to the Urban Regeneration of Historic Cities
Half of the world’s population is currently living in urban environments and it is believed that in less than one generation. Cities have always been drivers for development and growth, as well as hubs for human innovation and creativity. They are living illustrations of cultural traditions and social values of their inhabitants.
ARC-WH hosts lectures and meetings on topics related to management and conservation of urban heritage and historic cities in the Arab Region.
Information Dissemination & Documentation
One method of conservation is increasing overall awareness of World Heritage through channels of communication and provision of knowledge.
ARC-WH aims at documenting and providing information, case studies, resources, educational tools, brochures and data to raise public awareness and enhance States Parties’ capacities.
Logistical & Financial Support
The Arab region is home to an array of unique sites and properties. Your support and contributions are essential to safeguarding World Heritage sites and ensuring that they remain standing for future generations to come. Help ARC-WH fulfill its mandate and mission towards heritage protection.
For further information about how you can get involved, please contact Yasmin Al-Sayeh, email@example.com